Beyond the classroom there is much more that our campuses have to offer. NC KSA takes pride in the excellence of our student services which are all designed to support student well-being and academic success.
In accordance with policies and guidelines outlined by the Colleges of Excellence (CoE), NC KSA enforces the following Trainee Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct is applicable to the on-campus behavior of all registered trainees at NC KSA operated campuses and serves to define acceptable behavior and performance, preserve the integrity of the academic community and promote an atmosphere that fosters student learning.
A. PURPOSE OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
In accordance with the contract between the Colleges of Excellence (CoE) and providers, CoE strives to promote excellence in the ITC colleges, in accordance with national values and beliefs in Saudi Arabia.
B. SCOPE OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
The Student Code of Conduct is applicable to the on-campus behavior of all registered students and trainees.
A student/trainee also falls within the jurisdiction of the code of conduct for off-campus conduct when he/she is engaged in projects, site visits and corporate field practice and any other activity supporting the pursuit of a diploma, certificate, degree or fulfillment of academic course requirements sponsored, organized and authorized by the ITC colleges.
C. INTELLECTUAL INTEGRITY
ITC colleges are academic institutions which abide by internationally recognized standards of intellectual integrity. All members of faculty staff as well as student/trainees are governed in their behavior by those demands. Specifically, students/trainees will in their behavior during testing and examination consider this framework. Cheating in examinations, plagiarizing researched papers or otherwise dishonest behavior, in academic matters or otherwise will be considered serious violations of the code and will result in disciplinary measures.
D. STUDENT/TRAINEE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Students/trainees must obey the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Violations of laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will be forwarded to the relevant authorities
2. Students/trainees are expected to adhere to Islamic ethics and values, commit to Islamic principles in all aspects of college and private life, and are not engaged in any activity that contradicts Sharia Law and the cultural conventions of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
3. All students/trainees are expected to attend all prayers in congregation on time in the mosque.
4. CoE expect students/trainees to follow strict discipline in the room of instruction (classroom, workshop, laboratory, auditorium or any other room or place used for instruction). This includes, but is not limited to:
4.1. Students/trainees who arrive at class after the trainer has started the lesson are not allowed to enter the room of instruction. An absent notice for the entire lesson will be entered in the attendance register.
4.2. Eating/Drinking is not allowed in those rooms of instruction where computers or machines might be harmed by it, this includes the library. In other rooms of instruction sealable water bottles are allowed. No bottles are allowed on the tables or the floors but only in trainees’ bags. Students/trainees are not allowed to leave full or empty water bottles in the room of instruction or the library.
4.3. Students/trainees switch off cell-phones and other items which may disturb the lesson.
4.4. Students/trainees bring their study documentations (binders with handouts, notes, etc.), appropriate stationary and calculators. Trainees may not be allowed to take part in the lesson if they do not have the required materials, equipment and resources.
4.5. Students/trainees will contribute to keep the rooms of instruction, workshops and the library clean at all times. After the end of a lesson students/trainees are expected to clean up their workplace in the instruction room before leaving.
4.6. Students/trainees will avoid excessive talking in rooms of instruction and the library.
4.7. Students/trainees will strictly follow all safety regulations when working with machines or other equipment in ITC colleges.
5. Smoking in any of the college premises and facilities, training rooms, workshops, laboratories, toilets, offices and other areas which fall within the perimeter of the college is strictly prohibited. Regular procedure will be applied to those who violate this, which will lead to suspension of training.
6. Students/trainees must carry and if required display the respective college ID-card.
7. Male students/trainees must comply with the dress code which requires wearing the official ITC College uniform. This normally consists of a white shirt with the ITC college logo on the left, plain black trousers, black closed shoes, a black belt, and black socks. The wearing of sandals, bracelets, hats and caps is not permitted. Students/trainees in violation of the dress code found at the entrance gates will be refused entry to the ITC colleges by the security guards. Students/trainees found in class in violation of the dress code will be expelled by the trainer and sent to Student Affairs for further handling of the case.
8. Female students/trainees must comply with the dress code. This requires wearing skirt and blouse that are consistent with the disciplined training environment; the skirt to be loose and not tight with full coverage length and sewing. The blouse to be with long sleeves and not transparent.
9. The possession or use of weapons or items hazardous to health (including, but not limited to, firearms, explosive devices, knives and chemical substances and fireworks) is strictly prohibited.
10. Students/trainees will be held accountable for intentional and reckless conduct that causes damage to college property. Theft and unauthorized use of College property will be punished in line with this code and, where applicable, the case will be transferred to the authorities
11. CoE expects students/trainees to treat their fellow students/trainees with respect and dignity. Offensive language, acts of verbal and physical violence are not permitted. Regular procedure will be applied to those who violate this, which may lead to suspension of training.
12. Students/trainees must not miss classes. Absences will be treated according to the Study and Examination Regulations and other relevant rules in force.
13. Students/trainees are not allowed to work in the public and private sector while enrolled at the ITC colleges, unless with relevant permission being granted.
14. Students/trainees are not allowed to resemble the opposite gender and behave in an abnormal or perform any harassment.
15. It is not allowed to not maintain books and training bags properly or throw them on the ground or in degrading places.
16. Female students/trainees are not allowed to use cellphones with cameras inside the college. Regular procedure will be applied to those who violate this, which will lead to confiscating the cellphone if proven to be used inside the college premises and facilities.
17. Female trainees are not allowed to leave the college before the end of the working hours, unless a written approval is been granted from Student Services with presenting the ID of who is picking her up.
E. DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE
1.1. The Disciplinary Committee handles serious acts of misconduct of students and trainees (violations of the code of conduct and other college documents).
1.2. The Disciplinary Committee will meet on an ad-hoc basis when a case occurs.
1.3. Members of the committee are the Dean as Chairperson, the Head(s) of the department(s) in which the breach of the code of conduct occurred, and one representative of the Student/Trainee Affairs Section of the College (Student Counsellor should be excluded).
2.1. The college/trainer has the discretionary authority to expel students/trainees from class for disturbances of lessons. Students/trainees who disturb lessons repeatedly commit a serious act of misconduct and their cases will be transferred by the college/trainer(s) concerned to the Disciplinary Committee for further disciplinary action.
2.2. Serious acts of misconduct by the students/trainees as laid down in this code of conduct and other college documents have to be reported to the Disciplinary Committee by members of staff.
2.3. A student/trainee who commits a serious act of misconduct is required to appear before the Disciplinary Committee. The student/trainee will receive a written note outlining the case against him/her at least 4 working days in advance of the hearing. The student/trainee has the right to explain his/her view during the Committee meeting.
2.4. In the event that the student/trainee intentionally refuses to attend the Disciplinary Committee without a valid reason, the meeting may proceed and consider the case in the absence of the student/trainee.
3.1. The Disciplinary Committee under its discretionary authority may impose one or more of the following sanctions according to the severity of the act(s) of misconduct:
· Disciplinary Warning Letter
· No issue of certificate behavior
· Expulsion (permanent dismissal from the ITC colleges)
3.2. The colleges reserve the right to take additional disciplinary actions as it deems appropriate. The committee hears the trainee before making a decision.
3.3. In cases where there may be serious consequences, the trainee concerned has the right to appeal according to the college’s complaint process and procedures.