The Foundation program
Two semester program giving students the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in post-secondary studies.
The Foundation program is based on Niagara College Canada’s successful teaching model of over 50 years and delivers an intensive curriculum that gives students the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in post-secondary studies.
After successfully completing this two semester program, students are eligible to move into post-secondary studies.
Credentials awarded in the Foundation program are:
Cambridge International Certificate in IT Skills
About Cambridge English Qualifications
Cambridge English Qualifications are in-depth exams that make learning English enjoyable, effective and rewarding. The Cambridge approach encourages continuous progression with a clear path to improve language skills.
Cambridge English: Key (KET)
This qualification is proof of your ability to use English to communicate in simple situations and that you can:
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions
- understand simple written English
- introduce yourself and answer basic questions about yourself
- interact with English speakers at a basic level
Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET)
This qualification shows that you have mastered the basics of English and that you can:
- read simple textbooks and articles in English
- write letters and emails on everyday subjects
- take meeting notes
- show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English